Section 15 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks
|This article is part of the series|
|Constitution of Urabba Parks|
|Chapters of the Constitution|
|Text of the Constitution|
|Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act|
Section 15 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks sets out the quorum for meetings of its members and directors, effectively entrenching the parliamentary system of governance by requiring the presence of all members or directors unless the body is constituted under the law of Urabba Parks.
Compiled text (Section 15 - Resolutions of the directors of Urabba Parks)
(1) For a resolution of the directors to be made, the question of the resolution must be passed unanimously by all the votes cast by directors eligible to vote on it.
(2) At a meeting of the directors of Urabba Parks, no business may be conducted unless each director not disqualified or suspended from its proceedings is present.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to the following:
- (a) a parliamentary body;
- (b) the body of advisors to the enacting component of the legislature, where a member of the body must be a director to exercise any power of advice;
- (c) a director who the body of advisors to the enacting component of the legislature;
- (d) a judicial body; or
- (e) a body charged with the governance or management of any entity formed under the law of Urabba Parks;
and the members of the body required for the meeting of the body to proceed with business shall constitute the directors required for the meeting proceed with business.
Law not made
|Statute or Instrument||Number and year||Assent||Commencement||Application, saving and transitional provisions|
|Constitution Adoption 2021||No. 1, 2021||11 Jan 2021||1 Feb 2021 (gaz 2021,p. 1)|
|Provision affected||How affected|
Relevant notes from the explanatory memorandum
95. This section intends to ensure that the power of the directors is exercised by the relevant branch of management or the body otherwise empowered to exercise the power. Subsection (1) provides that resolutions of the directors of Urabba Parks must be made by all of directors.
96. Subsection (2) provide for the quorum of meetings of the directors of Urabba Parks, and provides that each director not disqualified or suspended from proceedings must be present for the meeting to proceed.
97. Subsection (3) provides subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to proceedings of the various branches of management (the Parliament and the Executive) and bodies charged with the governance and management of bodies formed under internal law, such as campus government entities and committees of management of associations.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|