Section 26 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks
|This article is part of the series|
|Constitution of Urabba Parks|
|Chapters of the Constitution|
|Text of the Constitution|
|Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act|
Section 26 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks provides that members of the House of Ordinaries may be removed by the members of the electoral division the member represents.
Compiled text (Section 26 - Removal of members)
(1) The place of a member of the House of Ordinaries shall become vacant if the member:
- (a) is removed as a director at a meeting of the division the member represents;
- (b) if paragraph (a) does not apply – does not apply to be enrolled as a director under subsection 21(3) within 30 days of removal as a director by resolution of the members of Urabba Parks.
(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply if any members other than members allocated to the electoral division in which the member is chosen casts any vote on the question of the removal.
Law not made
|Statute or Instrument||Number and year||Assent||Commencement||Application, saving and transitional provisions|
|Constitution Adoption 2021||No. 1, 2021||11 Jan 2021||1 Feb 2021 (gaz 2021,p. 1)|
|Provision affected||How affected|
Relevant notes from the explanatory memorandum
121. This section provides for the right of ordinary members in the electoral division to remove the director being the member of the House of Ordinaries representing the division, and provides no other removal as a director shall affect a member’s right to resume office as a legislative director.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|