Section 5 of Schedule 2 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks
|This article is part of the series|
|Constitution of Urabba Parks|
|Chapters of the Constitution|
|Text of the Constitution|
|Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act|
Compiled text (Section 5 - Representation matter)
(1) Representation matter may fall in or under entrenchment item 2.
(2) In this section, representation matter includes the following:
- (a) the creation and declaration of a deliberative component of the legislature (a component);
- (b) the constitution of a component, consisting of places:
- (i) referred to by the law; or
- (ii) created by the law;
- (c) qualifications to become a member of a component;
- (d) any provision as to alternate members in respect of a membership of a component;
- (e) the creation election and term of office of any officer of a component, and the continuation in office of a director who ceased to be a member of a component (otherwise than by disqualification from being a director) for a period not exceeding the commencement of the next adjournment of the component or the election (including by circular resolution) of a new presiding officer of the component.
Law not made
|Statute or Instrument||Number and year||Assent||Commencement||Application, saving and transitional provisions|
|Constitution Adoption 2021||No. 1, 2021||11 Jan 2021||1 Feb 2021 (gaz 2021,p. 1)|
|Provision affected||How affected|
Relevant notes from the explanatory memorandum
361. Subsection (1) provides that incidental matter may fall in or under entrenchment item 2. Subsection (2) provides that representation matter includes the creation, constitution, qualifications, alternate membership, officers of a House of the Parliament (referred to in this section as a deliberative component of the legislature). The purpose of this section is to allow for the entrenchment of matters relating to the representation of members of Urabba Parks in Parliament.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|