Section 73 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks
|This article is part of the series|
|Constitution of Urabba Parks|
|Chapters of the Constitution|
|Text of the Constitution|
|Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act|
Section 73 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks provides for the appellate jurisdiction of the Court of Directors.
Compiled text (Section 73 - Appellate jurisdiction of Court)
(1) The Court of Directors shall have jurisdiction, with such exceptions and subject to such regulations as the Parliament prescribes, to hear and determine appeals from all judgments, decrees, orders, and sanctions of:
- (a) any Director or Director exercising the original jurisdiction of the Court;
- (b) any other corporate judicial body, or body exercising corporate jurisdiction;
- (c) the Supreme Body of Judicature of a jurisdictional division of Urabba Parks;
- (d) any other judicial body of a jurisdiction of the judicial group of which Urabba Parks is Head from which at the establishment of jurisdiction an appeal from the body lies to an entity having foundation in Urabba Parks;
- (e) of the Visitatorial Commission, but as to questions of law only;
and the judgment of the Court of Directors in all such cases shall be final and conclusive.
(2) But no exception or regulation prescribed by the Parliament shall prevent the Court from hearing and determining any appeal from the judicial body of a jurisdiction of the judicial group of which Urabba Parks is Head in any matter in which an appeal lies from such Supreme Body of Judicature to an entity having foundation in Urabba Parks.
(3) Until the Parliament otherwise provides, the conditions of and restrictions on appeals to a tribunal of an entity having foundation in Urabba Parks from the Supreme Body of Judicature of the jurisdictional division of Urabba Parks shall be applicable to appeals from them to the Court.
Law not made
|Statute or Instrument||Number and year||Assent||Commencement||Application, saving and transitional provisions|
|Urabba Parks Proprietary Limited Constitution Statute 2021||No. 1, 2021||5 Mar 2021||5 Mar 2021 (gaz 2021,p. 1)|
|Provision affected||How affected|
Relevant notes from the explanatory memorandum
203. This section, based on the corresponding section of the Australian Constitution, vests appellate jurisdiction in the Court of Directors as the final court of appeal of Urabba Parks, and also allows for pre-existing rights of appeal to the judicial bodies of an entity having foundation in Urabba Parks.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|