Section 97 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks
|This article is part of the series|
|Constitution of Urabba Parks|
|Chapters of the Constitution|
|Text of the Constitution|
|Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act|
Section 97 of the Constitution of Urabba Parks provides for the appointment and terms of office of the company auditor.
Compiled text (Section 97 - Audit)
Appointment of company auditors
(1) The appointment of the auditors of Urabba Parks shall be vested in the Manager‑General in Council.
Fees of auditors
(2) There shall be payable to the Enactor out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund of Urabba Parks, for the fees of the company auditor, an annual sum which, until the Parliament otherwise provides, shall be $20.
(3) The remuneration of the auditor shall not be diminished during the appointment without the consent of the auditor.
Law not made
|Statute or Instrument||Number and year||Assent||Commencement||Application, saving and transitional provisions|
|Constitution Adoption 2021||No. 1, 2021||11 Jan 2021||1 Feb 2021 (gaz 2021,p. 1)|
|Provision affected||How affected|
Relevant notes from the explanatory memorandum
244. Subsection (1) provides for the mechanism for the appointment of the company auditor by the Manager General in Council. This provision is to clarify that Government is responsible for the appointment of the auditor.
245. Subsection (2) provides the Parliament may set the remuneration of the company auditor and provides for a default nominal remuneration of $20. Subsection (3) restricts the power of the Parliament to reduce the auditor’s fees while they are in office. These provisions are to clarify the Parliament’s position in regards to the setting of the auditor’s remuneration while securing the independence of the auditor.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|